Wednesday, June 6, 2012
The Right Salon Supplies Can Help Your Business
Hair salons are recession proof, right? After all, doesn’t everyone need a haircut? While that’s true to an extent, consumers may go longer between stops at the beauty salon as they weather the troubled economy.
To survive, and thrive, in today’s economy, salon owners need a well-trained staff, top-notch customer service and top-of-the-line – yet affordable – beauty products and supplies.
But salon owners also need the best equipment. The goal at A.M. Salon Equipment is to give customers the type of experience that will keep them coming back time and again. But without the right equipment, those customers may go to your competitors, regardless of your customer service or highly trained staff.
Some basic supplies include:
* Styling stations and/or barber chairs, clippers and scissors;
* Hair brushes and hair clips;
* Salon quality hair dryers and dryer chairs;
* Facial machines and/or beds;
* Steamers and heat lamps;
* Manicure tables and pedicure units;
* Facial beds and machines;
* Hair processors;
* Shampoo chairs and bowls.
Why Those Items Are Crucial To Your Business
Of course, you’ll also need furniture for the waiting area, a reception desk/area and a retail area for the beauty supplies you sell. But the above-mentioned items are not to be taken lightly. Below is a closer look at some of those supplies and equipment – and why they’ll help your business.
* A Good Dryer Will Save You Time: Believe it or not, high-quality hairdryers will actually allow you to see more customers because they’ll dry hair faster. And dryer chairs make a big difference, too. After all, your customers will spend quite a bit of time in the dryer chairs; they won’t come back if they’re not comfortable.
* Comfy Chairs = Happy Customers: Make sure your chairs are comfortable (hydraulic chairs are the way to go), and consider purchasing at least one children’s styling chair or several booster seats.
* The Right Scissors, Hair Brushes Are Essential: Everybody’s hair is different, and that means you’ll need different types of long and short scissors to accommodate every customer. The same can be said when it comes to obtaining different types of hair brushes. Hair brushes are kind of like tooth brushes in that we tend to hang onto them far too long. But with quality hair brushes at your salon, your customers will be happier, they’ll look better, and you may be able to get them to ditch their old brushes and buy new ones at your shop. While you’re at it, make sure you buy a variety of hair clips in different sizes, too.
For your Success,